American University In the Emirates Job Vacancy
Job Title: Academic Faculty in Graphic Design
The American University in the Emirates (AUE) invites Master of Fine Arts (MFA) holder or Ph.D. holder applicants for full-time faculty teaching in one or more of the below Specialization:
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Company||American University In the Emirates|
|Closing Date||Not Specified|
|Academic Year||2022-2023 (starting Mid August 2022|
|Teaching Load||24 credit hours per academic year|
|Program and the courses||Open|
Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education
- MFA or Ph.D. in the field of Graphic Design from an accredited university in the United States of America or a recognized University accredited by an American Accreditation body
- 18 credit hours of graduate studies in the required field
- A minimum of one articles in peer-reviewed journals in the past three years
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Skills / Training / Knowledge
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
- Instructional Delivery (Teaching Performance)
- Present research and practice driven teaching and adapt to latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Instructional Management
- Effectively manage the instructional processes
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading
- Provide clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes
- Set expectations to students and avoid cognitive biasness
- Curriculum Development and Review
- Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum for quality and effectiveness
- For quality:
- Currency and relevancy of the theories and practice in the field
- Intellectual rigor appropriate to the level of the degree program
- For Effectiveness
- Increasingly complex presentation of theories, principles, and practice
- Increasingly complex levels of analysis and development of competencies
- Application of theories and principles.
- Research, and/or Scholarship
- Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University
- Professional Development
- Acquire latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training
- Academic Advising and Academic Success
- Provide academic advising and guidance the students in the program learning outcomes, curriculum planning and career planning
- Participate by working in a task force or work group to accomplish assignment or project such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to community
|Instructional Delivery (Teaching Performance)||10|
|Assessment and Evaluation||10|
|Curriculum Development and Review||10|
|Research, and/or Scholarship||20|
|Academic Advising and Academic Success||15|